- Chicken cut into strips, 600 g
- Teriyaki sauce, 3 tablespoons
- 8 skewers or wooden sticks
- Salt to taste
How to make yakitori chicken skewers
- We start by cutting the chicken into fillets and then these into strips
- We marinate the chicken in the teriyaki sauce, letting it be covered for a couple of hours.
- We can make homemade teriyaki sauce by mixing 75 ml of soy sauce, 30 ml of rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 teaspoons of ground ginger, a tablespoon of corn starch, 30 ml of water and if we want, optionally, 5 ml of sesame oil.
- We thread the skewers on previously moistened wooden sticks so that they do not burn. To skewer we can go making waves with the chicken, folding each strip on itself.
- Brown the skewers, letting them cook for two or three minutes on each side on the grill, grill, or skillet.
- Add the teriyaki sauce, lightly varnishing the chicken slices
- We let them cook with the teriyaki so that it slowly browns or lacquers.
- We go around from time to time, adding a new teaspoon of sauce and spreading it with the brush.
- We remove and serve the skewers, with a side of white rice, salad, or any of our garnishes
Tips / Tricks
- You can make this recipe using chicken breast, thighs, or any tender part of the chicken cut into strips.
- It is preferable to use free-range chicken than white farm chicken, although with the sauce it is always very tasty
- You can also make this same recipe using turkey meat, healthy and with more flavor.