Recipe for 4 people
6 – 8 min.
- 4 beef steaks (2.50 cm thick approx.)
- 2 tablespoons whole coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- Vegetable oil
- Coarse salt
- The first step is to preheat the barbecue to high temperature (230 to 280 ° C), with all the burners open and the lid closed.
- Meanwhile, grind the coffee beans and peppercorns in a food processor or grinder.
- Brush the beef fillets with oil and season both sides with the coffee and pepper mixture.
- When the grill is hot, place the steaks on top and let them grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on how much you like your meat.
- Remove the steaks from the barbecue and sprinkle some coarse salt on top.
- Before serving, let them rest for 2 to 3 minutes. This step is very important so that the fibers of the meat relax and, in turn, the juices that are in the center of the piece are distributed.
- Choose the piece well. This recipe shines for its simplicity, letting the veal take center stage. That is why it is important to choose a good cut, such as sirloin, entrecote, stifle, hip, or cover. Let yourself be advised by your trusted butcher.
- Take the meat out of the fridge in advance (about an hour). Meat should be at room temperature when grilling. If it is still cold when we put it on the grill, it will not cook evenly.
- Just one lap. Sometimes we get impatient and turn the steak before it browns, then we turn it again, and again, and again … By doing this, we do not let the juices spread throughout the meat, we lose the mellowness and that. it’s just what we don’t want.
- Something fresh to accompany. Since this recipe takes just ten minutes, take advantage of the time you have left to prepare a fresh and suggestive side. For example, a warm salad, mixing grilled vegetables, a piece of cut fruit, and a good vinaigrette.
- Enjoy! This is a dish to avoid complicating your life. Prepare vermouth, relax and enjoy the company of your guests