500 g of minced beef
300 g bacon
Salt and pepper to taste
Hearty barbecue sauce
2 medium onions
How to make beef bacon bombs
- We prepare the minced meat leaving it at room temperature for about thirty minutes. We season to taste.
- We peel two onions and cut them in half. We separate the outer layers reserving several pieces with the shape of a half-sphere. The rest of the onion is used for stews or for frying in other recipes.
- We are preheating the oven to 190ºC
- We form small meatballs and cover them with two onion halves forming a sphere.
- We line each meat bomb with several slices of bacon.
- We varnish the bombs with abundant barbecue sauce
- We put the meat bombs in the oven, letting them cook for ten minutes at 180ºC and then 5 minutes at 230ºC with the oven on gratin function.
- We serve the bombs whole or cut in half, garnished with cherry tomato salad
Tricks and tips
- You can make the filling if you prefer with minced meat, a mixture of pork and beef.
- If you want, you can add chopped mushrooms, ham tacos or chorizo , or chistorra chunks to the meat filling.
- You are also free to season it with other spices of your liking
- Another option is to give it a spicy touch by adding minced garlic, chili, or Tabasco to the minced meat.