- 500 g of minced beef
- a slice of bread dipped in milk
- a piece of fresh ginger
- a bunch of fresh coriander
- spices to taste
- rice for garnish
How to make Asian meatballs
- To make this recipe we can use minced beef or a mixture of beef and pork, according to our preferences.
- In a bowl we mix the minced meat well, seasoned to taste with spices such as cardamom, cumin, chili, salt, and pepper, and add the bread soaked in milk once drained and the grated ginger.
- We also add two strands of very chopped coriander.
- After mixing everything with a fork until obtaining a homogeneous dough, we form the meatballs in the traditional style, passing them lightly in flour.
- We fry the meatballs over low heat until golden brown, so that they also cook inside.
- We remove the oil and leave the Asian meatballs in the pan to continue grilling them. Then we add the teriyaki sauce and turn up the heat so that the outside of our meatballs brown and caramelize.
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice, sprinkling the meatballs with more chopped cilantro.
Tips / Tricks
- Do not weigh the meatballs too heavy when forming them to make them fluffier and juicier.
- Fry the meat slowly so that it takes time to brown and thus cook the inside of these meatballs that are not cooked like ours.
- You can alternate the teriyaki sauce with other Asian sauces like an oyster sauce to try other flavors.
- Another interesting variation can be to add curry powders and change the milk of the bread for coconut milk to give a Thai touch to the recipe.